Information that you give us
When you register on our Site, request our Services or contact us through the Site, we may collect personal information that can identify you (“PII”) such as your full name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and information regarding the institution for which you work. We may also collect non-personal information about you, such as what type of BiOD product you use. The information that we collect varies depending upon how you use our Site.
Other information we collect
In addition to the personal information that you provide us, we may collect information about users that we use to improve our Site and Services and to better serve you.
You can set the browser on your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, block third party cookies or block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features on our Site. To block your cookies, you can configure your browser as explained below:
- Configuration of Internet Explorer cookies
- Configuration of Firefox cookies
- Configuration of Google Chrome cookies
- Configuration of Safari cookies
We do not combine any analytic information we collect from cookies or other analytic services with your personally identifiable information.
How we use your information
Generally, we may use information in the following ways:
- to enable us to process and fulfill your requests relating to BiOD products and/or Services;
- to send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- to notify you about our products, services, events and/or educational opportunities;
- to otherwise contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- to enhance or develop our Site’s features, and our products and services;
- for market research.
We may use non-personally identifiable information for purposes such as measuring the number of visitors to sections of our Site, making the Site more useful to visitors and for our own internal market research. We may use IP addresses or other analytic data to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a visitor’s movement, and gather demographic information for aggregate, non-personally identifiable use.
Therefore, the legal basis for the data processing is:
– The execution of the agreement entered into with you. Therefore, the information provided by you is a contractual requirement to render the Services. Should you not provide us with this information, we may be prevented from rendering said Services; and
– Your consent, being said consent a requirement to comply with the requests you may file relating to the products and/or Services, conduct market research and enhance the Site or, as the case may be, provide you with promotional information you may have requested us. You are not obliged to provide us with information relating to this purposes; however, Services may be somehow impacted in the event that you decide to not provide it (for instance, we may not process a requirement you may submit regarding a given product and/or Service).
Sharing your information
Except as otherwise described in this Policy, or if we inform you otherwise at the time of data collection, we will not share your information with third parties.
In the circumstances described below, we may share your information as follows:
- With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, services such as sending emails or hosting webinars or other events. We may share your PII with these Service Providers as necessary to facilitate a transaction or communication.
- Special Circumstances: We also may disclose your PII:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Time during which your information will be processed
Your PII will be processed as long as (i) you are Member of the Site, as the term ‘Member’ is defined in the Terms of Service; (ii) you do not oppose to receive commercial communications; or (iii) otherwise, for a period that will not exceed three (3) years since the date of collection of the PII.
How we protect your information
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard PII in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. The third party service providers that we use to provide services to you will safeguard and protect your information in a similar manner.
You are at any time entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for the processing of your PII we carry out.
Children’s online privacy protection
Children under the age of 18 cannot create an account through our Site and should not submit any information to us.
How to contact us
In any event, you can find below detail information on how you may contact us:
Telephone: +34 91 005 91 83
Centro de Empresas, Campus Montegancedo UPM
28223 – Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid, Spain