In order to offer an effective screening service, it is essential to have a tight collaboration with our client:
- What we provide: Methodological competences in screening in order to obtain the best results
- What we need from our client: All available information in order to perform the assays with maximum effectiveness
- Links and relation between bio receptor and target molecule
- Potential alternative compounds which might lend themselves better to our method
- Experience with linkers and standard molecules (e.g., streptavidin, biotin)
Once we have functionalized our bio sensor with the appropriate bio receptors, we place on it a biological sample susceptible of containing the target molecule, incubate it (if needed) and finally wash it in order to make a dry measurement with our optical read-out platform.
Optical read-out platform
Our platform’s technology is based upon interferometry between two interferometers – one for the bio sensor and one, not functionalized and placed inside the read-out platform, to be used as a reference. In a few minutes, the device reads both signals, mathematically transforms them and analyzes their differences in order to provide a quick, reliable and quantitative diagnosis of the presence or not of the target molecule.